Welder / Assembler – Entry Level
Perform simple to moderately complex welding, cutting, and assembly operations to join mild steel segments and/or rebar components. Frequently work as a member of a team receiving close supervision from Team Leaders or the Welding Bay Foreman to provide prompt attention and assistance as required by shop operations. Perform simple and routine welding, cutting, and machine-loading operations. Receive direction from Team Leader, Welding Bay Foreman, or Cage Construction Superintendent (CSS) and perform assigned duties in accordance with safety practices and production guidelines as directed.
- Use GMAW (MIG) welding equipment to join mild steel segments and/or rebar components in accordance with Company procedures and safe work practices.
- Use Oxy-fuel torch kits to cut steel bars to size and length using a tape measure according to directions from Team Leader or Foreman.
- Use abrasive grinding or cutting disc tools according to directions from Team Leader or Foreman.
- Reposition and manipulate steel parts in progress using manual methods, cranes or forklifts as required
- Fabricate, paint, and assemble Cage-Rite bracing structures according to direction from Team Leader or CCS.
- Assist Machine Operators in loading, unloading, or changing over machines for production work.
- Use industrial lifting machinery to load or unload vehicles with steel products according to directions from Team Leader or Foreman.
- Participate in on-the-job training exercises to certify the safe operation of equipment and learn safe work practices.
- Any other company duties as required by the Foreman or Assembled Products Manager.
Tools & Technology
- Proficient use of GMAW (MIG) welding equipment
- Proficient use of Oxy-Fuel cutting torch equipment
- Proficient use of abrasive grinders / cutoff tools
- Proficient use of basic arithmetic and tape-measure skills.
- Proficient use of basic hand tools such as hammers, pliers, pry bars and etc.