Rebar Fabrication Assistant 1
Use semi-automated and automated equipment to fabricate reinforcing steel products to required quantity, size, and shapes while receiving close supervision from Team Leaders or Fabrication Superintendent (hereafter: FS) to provide prompt attention to, and assistance with, shop operations. Perform simple and routine rebar fabrication operations. Receive direction from Team Leader or FS. Perform assigned duties in accordance with safety practices and production guidelines as directed. While gaining experience and knowledge of the process, progress to work as an independent machine operator and/or rebar fabricator.
- Use semi-automated and automated rebar fabricating machinery to produce rebar products according to production specifications. Machinery includes shearlines, table benders, auto-benders, overhead cranes and other related equipment.
- Ensure product quality by checking machine setups and products for accuracy and conformance to project specifications.
- Affix tags or ID markings to products for proper identification.
- Use small power equipment such as rebar cutters, benders, and pneumatic tools to fabricate rebar products.
- Assist operators in loading, unloading, or changing over machines for production work.
- Use industrial lifting machinery including forklifts and overhead cranes to load or unload vehicles with steel products according to directions from Team Leader or Superintendent.
- Participate in on-the-job training exercises to certify the safe operation of equipment and learn safe work practices.
- Any other company duties as required by the Superintendent, Managers, or Executives.
Tools & Technology
- Proficient with use of tape measure.
- Proficient use of basic hand tools such as pliers, wire reels, sledgehammers, pry bars, and pipe wrenches.
- Ability to stand, bend, crouch, stoop, and kneel regularly throughout the workday.
- Ability to push and pull steel bars into position using both hands and arms.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to conduct basic verbal communication in English.
Rebar Fabrication Assistant is, with good performance and accumulation of experience, eligible for promotion to Rebar Fabricator 1.